Dear Parents / Carers,
Hello to everyone. I hope you and your families are well. Today you will receive 2 letters further to this message:
- The letter sent 15th July regarding staggered start and end of school day times.
- A letter regarding COVID related issues
We have worked hard to produce and constantly review our comprehensive risk assessment. This will be available on our school website for you to view shortly. The risk assessment will hopefully answer any concerns you may have.
Further to this, below are a series of points which will answer other queries which may arise.
- Breakfast Club will resume Wednesday 2nd September. Children must be at the Church Rd gate at 8:00am and will be collected by a member of staff – no late arrivals as this will compromise risk assessment.
- If you require a place at breakfast club, you must pre-book by Friday 28th August via the school email address. Payment can be made by direct bank transfer as school can no longer accept cash.
- After School Club we hope will start on Monday 7th September on St Sebastian’s, information will follow. We are anticipating that the club will have to finish at 5.30pm to allow for appropriate cleaning procedures to be adhered to.
- Pupils will remain in their bubbles / class groups for the school day with limited movement around school, allocated play areas and limited sharing of resources.
- Classrooms are set out for maximum possible social distancing.
- Children are to arrive in PE kits and wear them all day on PE days: Wednesday and Friday. Please wear full school uniform on the first day (Wednesday 2nd September). We are looking to source a school tracksuits as the weather deteriorates.
- All children having packed lunch must bring it in a disposable bag (with disposable cutlery) as all will be thrown away after lunch.
- Children may bring their own water bottles in but must take them home each day to be cleaned. Any water bottles left in school will be disposed of at the end of the school day. We are unable to provide cups for children to drink from.
- We will provide all equipment for the children, please do not send in pencil cases, anti-bacterial gel etc.
- Information regarding home reading and homework will follow.
- Please do not visit the school office. We would ask that you ring, email or Dojo and we will do our upmost to deal with your enquiries, questions or concerns.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any cakes or treats for birthday celebrations.
If you have any concerns after receiving this information, please contact a member of the SLT via Dojo to arrange a discussion.
Thank you everyone. We do hope to see all our children, smiling and happy to return to school Wednesday 2nd September. We feel we are confident that we have done everything we can to ensure all safety measures are covered and are really looking forward to welcoming our children back.
Head of School
Download: 2020-08-27 – Back to School Update (PDF)