Below is a message from Sue Wilkinson MBE, afPE Chief Executive Officer:
afPE Quality Mark for Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity – Distinction
Thank you for your application for the Quality Mark award.
The assessment panel has considered your application, together with the feedback from the validation, and afPE is delighted to award your school the Quality Mark with Distinction for ‘demonstrating outstanding commitment to improvement in Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity’.
Your award is valid for three years, commencing March 2023.
The validator has highlighted the following reasons for the award:
- The quality of lessons delivered by class teachers, supported by a range of other school and external staff who work closely together to ensure a positive learning experience for children.
- Highly effective planning, resources, CPD and monitoring.
- Outstanding leadership from HT and subject leader who look within and beyond the school gates for advice, ideas and guidance to ensure that pupils have every opportunity available to help them make progress and develop socially.
- The phenomenal range of opportunities offered within and beyond lessons so that there is a fully inclusive programme for ALL children which really investigates the talents and potential of the pupils.
- The collective staff ethos of delivery, care and support to improve the quality of life for pupils and their families through physical education and activity in particular.
Your validator has identified the following additional areas for development:
- Share with other schools the outstanding practice.
You will receive an engraved plaque and your school will also be listed on the afPE Quality Mark webpage. In addition, the Association will submit a report to the Department for Education (DfE) which will include details of the successful applicants. There is always a possibility that a representative from the DfE or Sport England may wish to visit your school.
On behalf of the Association, I would like to offer you our congratulations. Yours sincerely,
Sue Wilkinson MBE
afPE Chief Executive Officer