The Federation of St. Cuthbert’s and Sebastian’s
Together we will:
Tackle any special concerns:
- Encourage the children to respect the school mission statement and our school mottos.
- Work together to aid the children’s learning and social development.
- Support the Governors in maintaining the buildings of the school by contributing to the school levy.
- That adults set a good example to children at all times, showing them how to get along with all members of the school and the wider community.
- That no members of staff, parents or children are the victims of abusive behaviour or open to threats from other adults on the school premises.
- Physical attacks and threatening behaviour, abusive or insulting language verbal or written, to staff, governors, parents and carers, children and other users of the school premises will not be tolerated and will result in withdrawal of permission to be on school premises.
- Any parent who is asked to leave the school premises will have the right to appeal the decision by writing to the Chair of Governors
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Bring all the equipment I need every day.
- Wear the school uniform and be tidy in appearance (with no extreme styles).
- Do all my class work and homework as well as I can.
- Be polite and helpful to all others in our school community.
- Keep the school free from litter and graffiti.
- Be a good example to others.
- Follow guidance from school and parents with regard to my online activity.
- If I see anything online, which I know to be wrong usage of social media, I will try to screenshot and present the evidence to parents and school.
- Complete remote home learning tasks set
I/We will fully support the following:
- My child attends school regularly and on time.
- Contact school by 9.15am if my child is ill.
- Provide proof of illness if your child is absent: a Doctor’s note, copy of a prescription or ‘Care of the Chemist’.
- Take responsibility to monitor my child’s social media activity including adherence to the law regarding age requirements.
- I will regularly monitor what my child is accessing, how long they are accessing it for and when this is happening. This will include establishing routines at home were screen time is controlled and limited with a clear cut off time. By doing this your child will have appropriate rest to ensure improved capacity for learning and enjoyment of the school day.
- I will monitor my child’s privacy settings and seek technical support if needed.
- Keep school informed if there are difficult circumstances at home.
- Keep your contact details up to date.
- Make appointments outside of school time if possible and show appointment cards.
- LA fines will apply for term time holidays.
- Help school to improve attendance.
- Our Attendance Officer, will monitor registers every day and may visit the homes of those children who are absent without explanation.
- Ensure your child is on the yard at 8.55am ready for school.
- If pupils arrive after 8.55am, they must enter via the school office.
Help us to help your child to be the best they can be
- Encourage my child to grow in their religious life by supporting our church and parents through mass and events.
- Inform school of any concerns that might affect our child’s work or behaviour.
- Support the policies for behaviour including wearing full school uniform.
- Ensure my child attends school without extreme hairstyles.
- Support my child with homework and opportunities for home-learning.
- Attend parents’ evenings regarding my child’s progress.
- Agree for my child to attend any off site activities.
- Honour your commitments regarding voluntary contributions.
- Recognise that the school can only provide diverse, quality activities if commitments are met. Understand that the school will pursue these to secure the future of further opportunities.
- Encourage my child to set a good example to others.
- Allow the publication of my child’s photograph on the school website and other external agencies.
The school will:
- Encourage your child to embrace the Catholic school ethos, to embrace the School Mission Statement “Only My Best Will Do : Be kind To One another.”
- Follow the Catholic RE scheme of Work “Come and See”, guiding your child through the Gospel Values of Love and Forgiveness.
- Ensure your child’s safety, happiness and well-being.
- Ensure your child achieves his/her full potential as a valued member of the school community.
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child.
- Achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
- We will endeavour to support parents/guardians to fulfil their obligations with regard to their child’s social media usage.
- We will provide E-Safety training for pupils and ensure internet filtering systems comply with DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
Download: Home School Agreement – September 2020 (PDF)